Sunday, March 25, 2012

Comparing Mega Man X

Obviously Mega Man X is an eXcellent game. Truly one of the best. However, I've noticed a few things that I found interesting:

1. A lot of the bosses remind me of Joe & Mac's bosses in some ways by their looks, but mainly by their actions.

  a. Both Mammoths... lose their trunks! Hmm... and these trunks are made out of balls.
  b. Storm Eagle and the pterodactyl Joe & Mac boss release eggs, which hatch into mini versions of themselves. They also both do some deep air diving attacks. (Okay, I know that's not fair, because any aerial enemy has to dive in order to attack its opponent on the ground.)


  c. Armored Armadillo and the ankylosaurus boss... yeah, yeah! That's another stretch, but whatever. I'm doing it! Both roll around, and have a shell for armor by default, of course.

2. Lastly, just the bass line in the 3rd Sigma palace song sounds like some
Spy Hunter bullshit:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment