Friday, July 13, 2012

The Real Juicy Tidbits

  So, I've had some amazing experiences about two weeks ago during my mini-trip adventures x2! (yeah, if that even makes sense) Anyway, I hope that I can remember everything that I want to say.

1st: There was my quick visit BACK TO BALTIMORE, BABY! I went to the 7th Bit Gen Gamer Fest (2600-Bit Genocide Gamer Festival), and that means that I've been to all of them (I think). I arrived at this event 3.5 hours late due to attending a wedding, but that's okay. I still had a stellar time. I successfully managed to get on stage towards the end of Rare Candy's set, even though I wasn't allowed to do so. It's kind of controversial, but I tried to be polite and ask if I could. I was denied, and with no one being The Bouncer (an excellent PS2 game, not really), I refused to take no for an answer and simply walked into the "back stage" area and proceeded to walk RIGHT ON STAGE. Who's event was it anyway? Hehe! It was never meant to be disrespectful in any way, shape or form. I'm not sorry to those who took it that way. I had a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I gripped it, and made it the most glorious, positive and proactive 45 second announcement that could ever be given at such an event. ^_^ That's all there was to Bit Gen. Nothing else happened.

2nd: Right after my trip to Bmore, my wonderful & handsome boyfriend and I took a road trip to Knoxville & Nashville, TN. Tennessee has some f*cking FLAVOR, dude!!!! I'm serious. Such a gravy experience, but less like gravy and more like delicious BBQ to be exact. However, the main purpose of our trip was to go on an epic game/trinket hunt. WE SURE DID! There was a decent amount of non-Gamestop video game stores that we went to. I'm not going to share the names of the stores, but 3 of them were awesome enough to play video game music and video game cover bands like: The Minibosses, The Advantage, and... The Protomen? Well, one store was playing Protomen songs, but that makes sense because like TN is their home turf, not their Rival Turf. -_- (really?) I ain't even mad though, because when I heard The Protomen playing (and saw their name on the playlist displayed on a big flat screen tv above the check-out counter) I used it to my real ADVANTAGE to start name dropping them to conjure up a real conversation with the gentleman working at the game store. We somehow went from talking about the protomen to turbo grafx system 16, and it payed off by somehow scoring me 3 free games out of the stack that my BF and I picked out. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or what, but I am very thankful for it.

TN Part 2: One more thing about the Tennessee trip that I JUST HAVE TO BRING UP! At another store, where they sold everything imaginable such as games, records, books, movies, comics, etc... I was checking out, right? And there was like an older man who was ringing my stuff up. Probably in his late 40's or early 50's. I kind of blacked out and don't know exactly what the F*CK happened, but basically I signed up for the e-mailing list thing and HE said something along the lines of "yeah, it helps to keep a BREAST of things..." WHAT!? My BF was still looking around as I was checking out up until that point, so luckily he heard this weird thing that was said. I later ask my BF if it was like some southern expression, but apparently I don't think it is. I guess I must have been looking really good that day or something. I DON'T KNOW.

That's all. Always remember: keep a breast of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment